Deep down, you know that exercising will make you healthier, happier, more energetic and more mentally alert. However, thinking about fitness and actually getting there are two totally different things. It’s not always easy to do the right things. Even though you know it is in your best interest to get your derriere to a Riverside gym, it’s just so much easier to plop on the couch and watch your favorite TV show! Here are ten steps to get motivated and addicted to working out.
- Start your workouts on Monday. If you give yourself that one optional “cheat day,” you’re going to take it… and then the next day, and the next day, and so on.
- Never skip two days in a row. Tell yourself, “I missed yesterday so I absolutely cannot miss today!” Get it in your head that you must workout, no matter how inconvenient it may seem.
- Roll out of bed and into your workout clothes. If you don’t have to rush off to work in the morning, try putting your workout clothes on right when you hop out of bed. Even if you won’t be going to the gym for a few hours, at least you will feel compelled to go because you’re already in that mindset.
- Don’t worry about showering all the time. Many women get it in their heads that they will need to shower after working out, which will then take up too much time out of their days. On those days where you are pressed for time, consider yoga, walking, or strength-training exercises that won’t cause you to sweat so much.
- Keep in mind that exercising will provide energy. You may feel “too tired” to exercise, but remember that your body will provide you with the energy you need once you get the engine started. You’ll end up leaving feeling much more energized.
- Start easy. If you try to run 5 miles off the starting block, you’re setting yourself up to hate exercising. But, on the other hand, if you start with a brisk dog walking, rollerblading or bike riding, you may be more inclined to get started. Some people feel they need a really kick-butt workout every time to make it worth your while. However, the most important thing is that you are getting out there, being active, on a daily basis.
- Change it up. You may love the elliptical machines but after doing them constantly, you will inevitably grow weary of your dull routine. Try to pick different types of workouts each day of the week, which will not only be good for your body, but for your mind as well.
- Spend a few bucks. Get a new iPod or hook up with a personal trainer at your Riverside gym. You’ll find that a little bit of investment now will pay off in the end when you have a vastly improved quality of life.
- Keep it real. You may have started on the high school basketball team or been in the best shape of your life during your college years, but you shouldn’t kid yourself about your current situation. Even if you’re the type of person who can wolf down pizzas all day long and not gain weight, that doesn’t mean you’re in good shape.
- 10. Go to the gym for sanity, not vanity. Understand that getting to a Riverside gym will make you feel better mentally, calmer, and more alive TODAY. Look at the function exercising serves right now, so you won’t dwell on vague, long-term goals like “losing weight” or “preventing disease.” Feel better today!
Just Call (909) 962-7745
To Learn More
or visit this link: